The Nintendo 3DS console is now a portable gaming beast because of the R4 3DS cards. R4 3DS cards allow you to play homebrew games and applications on your Nintendo 3DS.
In this article, we are going to talk about a popular game back in the early 90s. Now, why would I want to talk about it in an article intended for R4 3DS cards? Because this game can be played right on your Nintendo 3DS console, with the help of R4 3DS cards of course.
The game I am referring to is none other than the Doom game from the early 90s. For those of you who do not know, Doom is an original game that revolutionized the first person shooting genre.
Not only does have an intense fps gameplay (well, at least, during its time) but it is also one of the more diverse shooting games out there because you can kill aliens (instead of the usual humans).
The prBoom Game for the Nintendo 3DS is the Doom game for the portable gaming console. Again, this is just a port of the original Doom game.
If you haven’t played the original Doom game, I highly suggest that you do. This game is just so exciting to play and it also challenging as well.
So, how do you install the prBoom Game for the Nintendo 3DS? Well, first and foremost, you will need to have an R4 3DS card.
Now, there are a lot of R4 3DS cards out there and it is up to you which one you like. I personally would recommend either the Gateway 3DS, Sky3DS, or the R4i Gold Wood, but it is entirely up to you.
Do remember to buy an original R4 3DS card so that you will not run into stability problems when you play this game.
Now that you have an R4 3DS cards (I presume), here are all the things you need to do to have this game up and running on your Nintendo 3DS portable gaming console:
- Download the prBoom Game for the Nintendo 3DS. It will be in a RAR file.
- Extract it and put the prboom folder in the root folder of your microSD card.
- Download hbmenu. This is a homebrew application launcher and it is required if you want to play this game.
- After downloading hbmenu, extract its contents and again, put them in the root folder of your microSD card.
- After that’s done, plug the microSD card into your R4 3DS card and plug it in your Nintendo 3DS.
- Fire up your Nintendo 3DS and install hbmenu.
- After installing hbmenu, launch the application and there should be an option to play the prBoom Game for the Nintendo 3DS. That’s it!
After following all of the instructions, you should now be able to play prboom right on your Nintendo 3DS console.
Again, playing this DOOM game on your Nintendo 3DS console is only made available thanks to the R4 3DS cards.